Business analyst cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a business analyst, or download the business analyst cover letter template in Word.
As a business analyst, you know the power of information and how it affects the decisions you make. Your cover letter will help shape a hiring manager’s opinion of you as an employee. To be considered for top business analyst jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for business. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a business analyst, or download business analyst cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about business careers and look for business analyst jobs on Monster.
Business analyst cover letter template
Sometown, IL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
August 10, 2017
Ms. Katherine Collins
55 Great Lakes Blvd.
Sometown, IL 55555
Re: Business Analyst, Ref. #12345, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Collins:
When I read ABC Corporation’s advertisement on Monster for a business analyst, I decided to apply immediately. Data-driven and highly analytical, I bring to the table 15 years of experience as a business analyst able to influence corporate growth strategies through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis.
Since earning an MBA, I have worked as a business analyst for a mid-size supermarket chain, a financial services organization and a global pharmaceutical company. In each position, I planned and directed analysis of complex initiatives ranging from proposed mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to Six Sigma-based process improvements, organizational restructures and product launch proposals.
Areas of success include:
- Producingdetailed analytics and actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement and facilitate informed decision making.
- Minimizing uncertainty, removing ambiguity and synthesizing large amounts of complex data into clear, concise and meaningful contexts.
- Leading system and process reengineering to capture improved efficiencies, fail-safe business continuity and multimillion-dollar cost savings.
- Conducting in-depth data mining, visualization and analysis to uncover and rectify process weaknesses and vulnerabilities, mitigate risk and resolve business and IT
As you can see, I am committed to being a positive driver of company goals and confident in my ability to improve ABC Corporation’s operational performance. I am available to interview anytime and look forward to speaking with you. You can call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
“Phoebe provided analytics for overall business performance and future forecasting that enabled a 16% increase YTD.” – B. Macy, President, DEF Company
“Phoebe has a keen ability to analyze and identify complex and competing business requirements across business functions.” – A. Palmer, GHI Company
“The analytic support and strategic thought partnership delivered by Phoebe and her team were key to our successful new product launch...” – B. Tam, JKL Company
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Cover letter examples by industry
A good cover letter highlights the specific skills employers are looking for. Check out these cover letter examples for a variety of industries.
A great cover letter will show that you're the right candidate.
If you're wondering how to write a cover letter, you're in the right place! It doesn't matter what level you're at in your career—to get noticed by potential employers, your professional cover letter needs to knock their socks off. Your cover letter is much more than friendly greeting; it's a tool that lets hiring managers know that you're the candidate they've been hoping for.
Recruiters and hiring managers have seen every type of cover letter format imaginable. For maximum wow-factor, you must build a cover letter that highlights your industry-specific experience, accomplishments, and credentials.
Steps to write a cover letter
- Start with the proper greeting: Address your cover letter to the person who will be reading it.
- Introduce yourself with an opening: Write a personable, inviting opening paragraph that highlights how your skills are a perfect fit to the company and position.
- Get them interested with a compelling hook: Highlight your past achievements as they relate to the job you're applying for.
- Promote your skills: Highlight your additional relevant skills, such as computer languages or certifications.
- Thank them in the close: Briefly recap your strengths as a candidate, thank the reader for their time, and include your contact information.
If you need cover letter help, check out these cover letter templates for various careers and career levels in the following industries:
Administrative/Support Cover Letter Examples
Art/Design/Media Cover Letter Examples
Business Cover Letter Examples
Education Cover Letter Examples
Engineering Cover Letter Examples
Finance/Accounting Cover Letter Examples
Health Care Cover Letter Examples
Human Resources Cover Letter Examples
Job Search Cover Letter Examples
Law Enforcement and Legal Cover Letter Examples
Marketing and PR Cover Letter Examples
Military Cover Letter Examples
Nurse Cover Letter Examples
Restaurant and Hospitality Cover Letter Examples
Retail Cover Letter Examples
Sales Cover Letter Examples
Science Cover Letter Examples
Student Cover Letter Examples
Technology Cover Letter Examples
Trades Cover Letter Examples
Transportation and Warehousing Cover Letter Examples
Help hiring managers find your cover letter
When your cover letter is in good shape, don't let it just sit on your computer. You need to get it out there! Could you use a little help getting your cover letter in front of hiring managers? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five versions of your resume and cover letter—each customized to the kinds of jobs you're interested in. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Make it easier for them to find you, and for you to find a job.