If you’re applying to be a Preschool Teacher, you’ll want to round out your application with a professional cover letter. Our free to use Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample will help you make a great first impression so you can get through the door. Use ours to help write your own, or just copy and paste your own information over ours for a good frame.
To learn how we make our cover letters look so professional, read our guide written by professional resume and cover letter writers. You can also let our cover letter builder do the work for you.
Table of Contents
- Preschool Teacher Cover Letter & Resume Samples (Image)
- Preschool Teacher Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Preschool Teacher Cover Letter
1. Preschool Teacher Cover Letter & Resume Samples (Image)
Below are images of both the Preschool Teacher Cover Letter and the Preschool Teacher Resume Sample. Download the cover letter by clicking on the link below the images. To use our builder, click the link immediately below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Want to explore other industries? Visit our cover letter example library for inspiration.
2. Preschool Teacher Cover Letter (Text Format)
Dec. 16, 2016
Premier Preschool Academy
412 E. Roseville Parkway, Suite 4
Roseville, CA, 95661
RE: Preschool Teacher Position Application
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am writing to apply for the position of Preschool Teacher at Premier Preschool Academy in Roseville. Your organization has a stellar reputation and, considering my years of experience and background in early childhood education, I feel I would make a great addition to your professional teaching staff.
I earned my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education from Sacramento State in 2007. I was an excellent student and absorbed a tremendous amount regarding modern educational theory regarding younger learners, a proclivity I have retained in my own study since graduation. After graduation at Sac State I received a Child Development Associate (CDA) certification, making me a professionally certified teacher for pre-primary learners.
Furthermore, in my years as a preschool teacher at two different and high quality establishments, I have led classes as large as 22 students and taught kids as young as 3 years old. I have been instrumental in helping my schools develop curriculum and programs for their classes, and seen real improvement in students I’ve worked with. For example, a drama program I helped established was responsible for a 50% improvement in speech test scores for our Pre-K students.
With my strong work history and topical education, I am confident I would fit in well at Premier Preschool. If you are so inclined, I would jump at the opportunity to visit you for an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. Thank you again.
3. 5 Tips for Writing Your Preschool Teacher Cover Letter
1. Show that you’re a strong communicator: Because of the importance of communication in being a Preschool Teacher, this is your first and best chance to show how well you write and interact. Be perfect in your delivery, grammar, and spelling. Write with strength and clarity. Confidently get your points across.
2. Highlight experience and skills: It’s important to talk about your experience teaching as well as your teaching skills. Even if you were recently a student, discuss any teaching experience you have. Also, mention what attributes you have that make you a great candidate. Talk about your soft skills and teaching techniques.
Remember that your application isn’t just telling your future boss what you have done, but also how well you have done it. Make yourself look good, and don’t be afraid to assert yourself.
3. Be specific: Use numbers where you can. If your biggest class was 30 kids, then say “30” instead of “big”. Also talk about actual tasks you have engaged in, not just general kinds of activities or responsibilities. Being specific will show exactly how strong you are.
4. Sell yourself: Remember that your application isn’t just telling your future boss what you have done, but also how well you have done it. Make yourself look good, and don’t be afraid to assert yourself. The point of your application is to make yourself look amazing, because you know you are.
5. Steal from the job post: You should use phrases and words that come directly from the job posting. This echoing acts like keywords in the mind of an interviewer. In other words, these are the specific features they are looking for in a candidate, and using exactly the same language shows them how close you are to perfect.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample / Application Letter Example
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample / Application Letter Example
Review this preschool teacher cover letter sample, also known as an application letter, and see if it captures your curiosity. Sally's cover letter is unique and stands out from the "stock" cover letters that her competition submitted. It's the little things that can help edge you past the competition!
If you are looking for information or fresher ideas on writing an application letter for teaching with no experience, you will find plenty of examples on this website.
This sample preschool teacher cover letter shows the use of esthetically pleasing color and graphics, which are both applicable and memorable. It is also matching to the corresponding resume with the use of the same fonts, formatting, borders, and headers. It's important that all of your job search documents match one another for consistency.
Many of the ideas found on this page will be relevant when writing an assistant preschool teacher, entry-level kindergarten teacher, nursery teacher, or a lead preschool teacher.
In the first paragraph, we list Sally's unwavering commitment to education and some of her core strengths as an early childhood educator, which informs the reader she is well-established in the education field. This will also peak the interest of the reader and make them want to read on.
The cover letter continues on to show that Sally has taught diverse students of varying learning styles and abilities and is passionate about teaching. The letter of introduction also demonstrates how she encourages student learning through utilizing a variety of creative teaching methods that are also appropriate to the young age of her students. An application letter is the place to show you are passionate about teaching.
Additionally, she highlights how she works well in a team environment with her fellow educators and how she prides herself in her ability to develop positive relationships with parents and encourage their involvement in the classroom. Lastly, she finishes up the cover letter by explaining her talent to foster positive rapports with her young students, which is incredibly important as a preschool teacher.
Incorporating industry and position-related keywords in your preschool teacher cover letter are essential to securing an education position. Applicant tracking system ATS software is frequently used to screen education application letters and resumes or CVs to see if job application candidates' applications should reach a human eye for further consideration. ATS software makes including education keywords in your preschool teacher cover letter and resume critical.
Click here and a new window will open this cover letter in PDF format.
Don't forget to scrutinize the resume example for a preschool teacher to examine the important resume profile and area of expertise section. Review how we formatted and wrote about Sally's teaching experience and accomplishments.
Feel free to analyze resume and application examples for other types of teachers or school administrators.
Read these 17 in depth cover letter writing tips with examples to gain some modern ideas to enhance your preschool teacher application letter.
While you are visiting the blog, you can read 12 excerpts from sample application letters for teachers.
Learn more about Candace Alstad-Davies by reviewing the about us page below. From that page, you can review testimonials and frequently asked questions.
Need some writing help making a stellar application letter, cover letter, resume or CV curriculum vitae?
Email Candace at email@example.com, or call toll-free at: 1-877-738-8052. I would enjoy chatting with you.